Hiring – Investment and Programme Executive
23rd March 2021
NorthInvest exists to ensure that Northern based early stage tech start ups achieve their potential. Backed by the Northern Powerhouse connect founders to the funding they need to successfully scale.
In 2020 NorthInvest curated 19 rounds of founding worth in excess of £8m.
We have a clear focus around impact investment and are committed to supporting female founders achieve the funding they need. In 2020 we launched Fund Her North, a collective of women in VCs, angel groups and funding organisations to provide female founders with the networks and education they need to successfully fund raise.
- Part time, 2/3 days a week. Days of the week and hours negotiable.
- Pro rata £35k
- Location: Remote initially with a view to blend remote and visiting Leeds office.
The rapid growth of our organisation means that we now need an experienced Investment Executive to work alongside our Investment and Programme Director in supporting the fundraising process and investment readiness programme delivery.
The Investment and Programme Executive will be responsible for the following:
- Actively building a pipeline of SMEs who are looking to raise finance, for regional investment readiness and pitching programmes
- Supporting the wider team with getting a business investor ready and completing early-stage due diligence
- Supporting on the delivery of the Winning Pitch programme, supporting the Investment and Programme Director with building out a cohort of SME’s workshop delivery and 1:2:1 coaching outputs
- Getting investment ready businesses prepared to pitch at investor pitching events
- Working with the Investment and Programme Director to manage investor connections and overall deal closure process
- Actively involved in marketing of NorthInvest to build out a wider investor networks
- Supporting the marketing team with delivery of events and overall wider programmes.
Ideally we are looking for someone with the following strengths and experience;
- Well organised with some project management experience
- Flexible and a good team member
- A strong track record of delivery against targets
- Some experience of working with early stage businesses
- An analytical and process driven mindset
- Ideal but not essential, some knowledge of the early stage funding environment
- Used to working autonomously
- A high focus on quality service delivery
This is a unique opportunity to join a high performing, non-hierarchical, collaborative environment where everyone plays to their strengths and supports each other.
To apply send your CV and a covering letter to Jordan Dargue Investment and Programme Director at email@example.com