WHO WE ARE
North Invest Ltd (we, us, our) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is North Invest Ltd of 11-14 Hunslet Road, Leeds, LS10 1JQ.
Our website address is: https://www.northinvest.co.uk.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site https://www.northinvest.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, registering to become a member of our site, subscribing to any of our services (including, but not necessarily limited to: when applying for investment through our site, seeking to raise capital for your business through using contact forms, using contact details provided on our site, or consenting to including your investor or startup profile on the site when registering with NorthInvest), posting material on our site or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and any details aiding to the fulfilment of those transactions including, but not limited to, applying for investment through our site or using any resource (including contact details and forms) to seek to raise capital for your business through our site.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, e-mail address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To confirm your identity in order to create your membership profile and ensure that you are eligible to use the services provided on our site and services provided by us offline.
- In respect of entrepreneurs seeking capital for their business, to verify your eligibility for seeking investment and/or funds through NorthInvest and approve the disclosures you make to potential investors.
- To ensure and enable us to comply with all of our legal and regulatory obligations.
- To ensure that the content of our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To monitor, improve and administer our site and the services we provide through it.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email and/or telephone.
If you are an existing member, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or telephone) with information about services similar to those which you have previously used through us. If you are a new client, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means where you have expressed a legitimate interest in their services.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the contact form) or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
WHERE WE SEND YOUR DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Data provided by you is stored in Hubspot, a database protected with top end in-transit encryption, advanced TLS (1.0, 1.1, and 1.2) protocols, and 2,048-bit keys. HubSpot is certified as compliant with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield framework, as well as maintaining its TRUSTe certification for Enterprise Privacy. Hubspot data center providers maintain ISO 27001, SOC2 Type II, and many other certifications to protect your data. HubSpot is also rated “Enterprise Ready” by leading cloud security provider Skyhigh.
For more information on how Hubspot store data, please visit: https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties (including corporate partners and supporters):
- In connection with a transaction conducted through our site.
- In the course of that third party or third parties providing services to us however we will take reasonable precautions to ensure that such third parties are obliged to keep your personal data confidential.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation (including any court order).
- If we are required to disclose or share your personal data by any legitimate government body or arbitration panel.
We may intercept record and/or monitor any communication(s) (including telephone calls or other electronic communications) between you and us. We may do so in order to resolve queries in the future and/or for the purpose of ensuring security, staff training and complying with our legal and/or regulatory responsibilities.
With regard to email communications you should note that, as emails are not encrypted (and may therefore be intercepted by third parties) and as the identity of the sender cannot be confirmed, you must not provide your security details by email and you should avoid sending to us any personal information by email.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at North Invest Ltd. of 11-15 Hunslet Rd, Leeds LS10 1JQ.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Thank you for using our site.