It’s been almost two month’s since lockdown was announced and we’re adapting to a new normal: virtual pitch events, online workshops, and closer collaboration between our angels and regional VCs.
We are still accepting investment applications, and have now successfully run four virtual pitch events with partners RTC North and the Innovation SuperNetwork, respectively. These virtual events follow a similar structure to our in-person pitch events, with a five-minute pitch, 5-minute investor Q&A, and optional virtual networking following the pitching session.
You can read more about these pitch events here.
Moving forward, virtual pitch events will be hosted in partnership with the Innovation SuperNetwork, based in Newcastle, who co-manage our RAIA programme and form part of the Northern Angel Hub.
What does this mean for start-ups? Rather than pitching at two separate events in Leeds and Newcastle, you will gain greater investor exposure by presenting virtually to a combined network of angel investors from both NorthInvest and the Innovation SuperNetwork who are no longer restricted by geographies.
Our team are continuing to provide free investor-readiness coaching to entrepreneurs and exploring collaborations with local programmes to expand this support.
If you would like to raise investment with us, you can apply here.
If you would like to apply to join our investor network and attend our private investor events below, please click here.
MAY-JULY EVENT CHANGES
- 21 May, 16:00 – 17:00 – Insolvency Q&A with Geoffrey Martin & Co – RESCHEDULED – 2 June, 15:30 – 16:30, Online
- 12 June, 11:00 – 13:30 – Liverpool Tech For Good Forum – POSTPONED
- 2 July, 18:00 – 22:00 – Angel Dinner – POSTPONED
UPCOMING UNAFFECTED EVENTS
- 12 June, Tax Efficient Investing Webinar with UKBAA – Online
- 16 June, 10:00 – 13:00 – NorthInvest Pitch Event – Online
- 2 July, 16:00 – 17:00 – Investor Huddle: Tax Q&A with Garbutt + Elliott – Online
- 7 July, 10:00 – 13:00 – NorthInvest Pitch Event – Online
We appreciate your patience while we continue to monitor the situation and hope you and your families stay safe and well during this time.
The NorthInvest Team